Your wedding day is often considered as one of the most important celebrations of your life and as such, it is essential everything goes to plan. To help with your preparations, Taystful can help translate your thoughts and ideas into a beautiful wedding cake that meets your requirements and fits in with your day. Browse our information and complete our form to start the process of creating something special!
If you are thinking about making your own wedding cake (or one for your family or friends), why not sign up for our newsletter series for hints and tips on making a wedding cake?
We can also help with:
- providing handmade chocolate favours for your guests
- other wedding services - we have close connections with several local award winning businesses providing flowers, hair & beauty and photography.
- grooms' cakes
Please note - Taystful doesn't provide handmade human figurines or copyrighted characters.
When determining the size of your cake you will need to consider:
- which type of cake you prefer (each tier can be a different flavour if required!)
- number of guests - daytime/evening
- number of tiers wanted (dummy tiers can be used for height without adding portions)
- depth of cake (3 inches/7.5cm deep is standard, but often extra deep cakes or shallow cakes are required)
- shape of cake
- at which stage the cake is served - straight after wedding breakfast with coffee, as a dessert, or as part of the evening buffet
- portions of cake to be kept for after the wedding or sent to others
There are many shapes of cake available, the most popular being round and square. Square cakes provide the most portions per inch size of tin, and hexagons, hearts, teardrops and ovals slightly less than a round cake. Of course, cakes can also be made topsy turvy /wonky, so giving an overall interesting shape or even sculpted to any shape or size!
We have many options of cake flavours including:
- traditional rich fruit cake laced with brandy
- vanilla sponge with vanilla buttercream and raspberry conserve
- chocolate sponge with rich ganache and chocolate buttercream filling
- caramel sponge with layers of Taystful's sea salt caramel and caramel buttercream filling
- lemon sponge with double lemon filling
- moist carrot cake, with walnut, banana, apple and cinnamon layered with cream cheese flavour frosting
- red velvet cake layered with cream cheese flavour frosting
- white chocolate cake with ganache and vanilla buttercream
- rich chocolate fudge cake with chocolate ganache and chocolate buttercream
- coffee (and walnut if wanted) sponge with coffee buttercream
- gluten free* vanilla sponge with vanilla buttercream and raspberry conserve
- gluten free* chocolate sponge with rich ganache and chocolate buttercream filling
- gluten free* rich fruit cake laced with brandy
*NB: gluten free cakes are made with gluten free ingredients, but made on premises which handle gluten. I recommend having only smaller tiers made with gluten free ingredients, not larger ones.
Other cake flavours or combinations can be arranged by special request.
Taystful cakes can be made to any colour scheme. Often the main icing colour matches the colour of the bride's dress, theme of the day, or even the venue setting! Pastels, monochrome, antique, primaries, neutral and metallics are just some of the colour themes/effects you can choose from.
To compliment the main colour, other colours can be introduced to match bridesmaids' dresses, floral colours, venue and themes! They mainly take the form of royal iced designs, ribbons, sugarcrafted shapes, flowers, edible lace or cake toppers. A huge range of possibilities can be investigated!
Charges for Cake Delivery - and list of fantastic venues Taystful has provided cakes for!
If you can't see your venue here, get in touch on the contact form and I can send on a quote. Click on the name of venue to browse their website!
- Ballathie House Hotel £20
- Dunkeld House Hotel £26
- Fingask Castle £30
- Scone Palace £30
- Perth Racecourse £30
- Kinnettles Castle £40
- Byre at Inchyra £40
- Atholl Palace £46
- Forbes of Kingennie £50
- Fonab Castle £50
- Crieff Hydro £60
- Errol Park £40
- Moness Country Club £60
- Murthly Castle £24
- Atholl Arms, Blair Atholl £62
- Huntingtower Hotel £36
- Mar Lodge, Braemar £74
- Blair Castle £64
- Piperdam Golf and Leisure Resort £22
Our Wedding Cake Order Form can help you determine your requirements, so please feel free to complete the no obligation form with any ideas or information you have, and start the process of investigating your dream wedding cake! As a follow up, we will be in touch with a more in depth form, or we can arrange a meeting, so we can formulate a more concise design, and let you know an idea of price for your centrepiece.
Wedding Cake Gallery
Here are some examples indicating number of portions and prices: